Why do we raise funds for PS 31? What are your donations funding?
The P.S. 31 PTA funded, during the 2019-2020 School Year, all of the following, in their entirety. Note: Some programs did not start or complete due to COVID-19.
- Chess with Alexis Paredes-Toledo: in-class instruction, after school program and local/national tournaments.
- WMAAC: Jazz (2nd grade), Modern (3rd Grade) and Ballroom Dancing (4th and 5th grades).
- International Ballet Institute: Musical Theater (Kindergarten) and Ballet (1st Grade).
- Rockness Music Residencies: Chorus for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade; Keyboard instruction for 2nd and 3rd grades; Ukulele instruction for 4th and 5th grades.
- Our incredible art teacher, Frank Caprino, and all of the art supplies for the year.
- Winter Musical: “Frozen Kids.”
- Garden of Happiness: continued renovation of the schoolyard.
- Our outdoor Building Leaders of Change Mural, painted by Natalia Zamparini, and any updates that we do.
- Capital Improvement Projects: Gymnasium Soundproofing Renovation; Auditorium Sound Improvement Plan.
- 5th Grade class trip and graduation trophies. DJ for 5th Grade Virtual Dance Party.
- Teacher Appreciation Week Luncheon and gifts; holiday gifts for staff and students.
- Kodable Coding Program and 2 robots for our STEAM wing.
- Mats for the downstairs gym to allow students to be safer and do a wider range of activities; Recess supplies. BeTime boxes for mix and mingle for EACH CLASSROOM.
- We also helped to promote and get out the vote for the Participatory Budgeting Project this year, Smartboards for the entire school, and won!
- Finally, we helped to facilitate donations to bring a water filling station to the cafeteria, the project that Ms. Sheri Sankner put forward.