May 13, 2022 / 9am ET (Virtual Meeting)
There were 32 participants. Kenny welcomed all.
A Word from Administration:
Principal Scarlato was not able to join the meeting. Assistant Principal Gallo shared the following:
- Principal Scarlato will schedule a call with 5th grader parents to discuss details about graduation;
- On Tuesday we are having a visit from our superintendent. We will highlight our student engagement, student voice;
- Principal Scarlato wants to thank Kara for the amazing newsletter that comes out every week;
- We would like to highlight the trips the children have been taking around the neighborhood.
- The school wanted to thank the Stephanie and Heather for working on the Billion Oyster Project;
- We have a little uptick in the Covid cases, but the children will be coming home with four test kits (two for the children and two for them to share);
- Masks in an option from K to 5;
- Last week we had the first Assistant Principal meeting in person.
- Summer Fest is so important for community engagement.
Guest Speakers: Fifth graders from 5-312 created a song about PS 31 and sang it to us.
Miss Kara’s Korner
Miss Kara shared some Covid testing updates and opportunities for parent engagement.
- Summer Fest updates;
- PTA Board Election coming up – current members went over their roles and we also discussed all that the PTA does in general;
- Budget discussion for upcoming year