Meeting was virtual on Zoom. There were ~28 participants. Kenny welcomed all with a Thanksgiving Tradition icebreaker
A Word from Administration:
Principal Scarlato was not able to join the meeting until later. Assistant Principal Gallo shared the following:
- Class trips with buses are back! Prek will take a walking trip.
- Middle School Admissions due Dec 1
- Student council will decorate precinct and stationary store
- Students have been enjoying the hydroponics lab, art room, and coding
- Music with Ms. O starts today for Kindergarten!
- Cookshop will resume after the new year
- There is an increase in illnesses, filters are running and windows are open. Please keep sick kids home, must be 24 hours fever-free with no medication
Guest Speakers: Ms. Cioc, our STEAM and technology teacher, spoke about her recent projects, including rain sticks and Thanksgiving floats. Misha, a 5th grader, spoke about how she appreciates the caring and supportive teachers. She suggests preparing for Middle School early. She loves theater and public speaking.
Miss Kara’s Korner
- Miss Kara shared Pie and Cake pick up Monday.
- School Photos go home today (Friday).
- Dentist in January, sign consent forms if you haven’t done so already.
- Parents have been volunteering inside the school, which is wonderful. They MUST remain in the room they’re volunteering in, can not wander school.
- Chess Program; Gaby Santiago is the instructor. High demand! K-1 on Tuesday has 25 kids, 2-5 on Thursday has 40 kids
- Peter: Financial Update. (shared screen)
- 12,300 from donations (~9,000 from parents)
- 5300 from Fall Fest, ~3500 net
- 3354.50 from Coin Fundraiser
- Expenses: FallFest, Art Teacher, Merch, Chess (so far)
- Winter Shop Update (Dec 12-15, volunteer sign up coming soon!)
- C. asked: How to maintain momentum from parent donations? A: Educate them on what PTA does, ask them to donate time.
- I. asked: Do you need parent volunteers for music? A: No thank you
Principal Scarlato joined the meeting, she was in another meeting, and let everyone know the district is preparing for remote learning if there is a weather emergency.