February 17, 2023 / 9am ET (Virtual Meeting)
There were ~28 participants. Kenny welcomed all with an icebreaker: What is your favorite RomCom?
Councilmember Lincoln Restler:
-Impressed with engaged parents
-$25,000 allocated last summer to PS31, released in January
-Priority is to upgrade Auditorium Sound System, on the list to be decided in June
-Greenpoint is growing and needs a new school, need to find the right spot for it
-Budget cuts to education were a mistake, he wished he knew more and voted differently
-Mayor wants to cut 1 Billion from 3K over next 3 years
A Word from Administration:
Mrs. Gallo shared the following:
- New After School options: Test Prep (ELA & Math), grades 3,4,5 (Kids can go to Empire after Test Prep
- Attendance in school is VITAL unless kids are sick
- Punctuality is important: If you want breakfast arrive at 7:40
- 4/22 PS31 Citi Field Soccer Game
- Student Council Food Drive
- 3/9 Report Cards go Home
- IN PERSON EVENTS! Mystery Reader, Fabulous Friday
- Do the School Survey!
- Chocolate Sale is starting soon (March 6)
- No School Next Week! Ms Kara will be available Tues/Thurs
- Peter is away but Katie stepped in to share budget updates
- $600 raised in Merch Pop Up Shop
- Q: Oversight on large purchases? A: Process will be reviewed and discussed in full at next meeting
- Lauren Fernandez shared updates on the Totally 80’s Party, which will be held April 28 at the Greenpoint Loft
- Join us 3/24 for a Happy Hour at Greenpoint Beer & Ale
- Purchase NEW PS31 Merch!
Donate for your end-of-year tax deduction
- Look for information about our School Musical! Coming Soon!
- UPCOMING: Volunteers needed to join our new committees: Audit Committee, World’s Best Chocolate Fundraiser Committee, Spring Fundraiser Committee. Please email [email protected] to learn more!