Updated August 7, 2020:
Plans for September are still ever changing but your P.S. 31 administration, staff and PTA are cohesively working together to get answers and keep you informed. Right now you may choose 100% remote learning or P.S. 31’s two cohort blended learning model .
- August Town Hall – The Next P.S. 31 PTA Town Hall will be held the week of August 17th, details to follow.
- Take the 2020-2021 Learning Preference Survey by August 7th!
- E-mail Ms. Vita, our Parent Coordinator, to request a device!
- Head to SchoolToolbox to have your 2020-2021 School Supplies sent directly to your home! Search P.S. 31, Zip Code 11222. Every box feeds a child and 15% of your purchase benefits the P.S. 31 PTA! You can edit your cart to suit your needs. Updated supply lists will be available next week!
- Participate in P.S. 31 School Supply Drive. Please e-mail ps31PTACoPres@gmail.com for inquiries!
- Read Letters to Families from Chancellor Carranza:
- Donate. If you are able, please make a tax-deductible donation, to ensure that we provide every P.S. 31 teacher with a clear face mask and maintain our current level of arts programming, at ps31giving.givesmart.com or at paypal.me/ps31pta.
- Use Amazon Smile! and every time you order from Amazon the P.S. 31 PTA will receive 0.5% of your order. You can read more about this program here.
- Follow us on Instagram, on Twitter and on Facebook.
- Get Involved!
- Take a look at this Parent and Student Appreciation video from our amazing P.S. 31 Family.
Click HERE: P.S. 31 Strong: A Message from Our Staff
Check Out P.S. 31 Talks Race and Diversity Resource Page.
Upcoming Virtual Spirit Days: TBA
As you may or may not know, P.S. 31 has a Culturally-Relevant Education (CRE) team. CRE is a way of teaching that empowers students and incorporates their cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into the school. The team aims to promote critical consciousness by providing students with the tools to critique and challenge institutions that perpetuate inequality. In this current climate we know you are concerned, and we want you to know that we are working with administration and teachers to give this committee a larger presence, and incorporate its principles into our children’s everyday lives. If you are interested in information specific to our PS 31 CRE Team and/or you have experience with leading talks on inclusion, equity, and diversity, please e-mail the PTA. Thank you, P.S. 31 staff, for starting this conversation within our school; we appreciate you. ❤
Nothing from August 9, 2020 to August 16, 2020.