To build meaningful connections, it is imperative that students are in school.
Any absence will be recorded on your child's permanent record.
If your child will be absent, please inform your teacher on ParentSquare and the Main Office by calling (718) 383-8998
Each minor from 6-17 years of age in NYC is required to attend school on full time basis
1. Ensuring the school is meeting with the attendance standards mandated by the state
2. The planning, implementation, and supervision of the school attendance by assigning an at coordinator. This coordinator in turn oversees the school attendance, ensuring that all docum tracking, follow-up, and support of all absent students are done in a timely matter.
1. To ensure that your child is in a school every day and on time.
2. Send notice to the school explaining why your child is absent or late (ed. Doctor visit or in
3. Log into NYC Schools Account to keep track of your child's absences.
4. Respond to Teacher/School phone calls regarding your child's absence.
5. If your child is absent communicate with Miss Dawn and your child's teacher at your ea convenience.
Each school must have an Attendance Committee consisting of teachers, administrators, attendance teacher, guidance counselors and other personnel.
The purpose of the Attendance Committee is to review and improve school attendance according to the
A-215 minimum standards for attendance program:
• A parent must be contacted to determine the cause for an unexplained absence
Parents are expected to submit a note or letter to the school explaining why their child was absent.
• A letter from the doctor should be provided if the child has extended or frequent absences due to illness
The attendance committee then reviews, and the Attendance Coordinator logs the information into the ILOG system on ATS.
Copyright © 2024 PS31 PTA - All Rights Reserved.